cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMES
Regular Visitor

How to stop Approval notification from repeating

Scenario: I have created a flow that emails me an approval to send an automated reply email. For example, an email with a specific Subject text arrives to my inbox. I receive an approval notice from the flow. I submit the approval and a premade email is sent as a reply to the first email.

Problem: I constantly get the Approval notice from the flow every 30 seconds, even after submitting an approval.

I only want the approval notice to arrive once and then stop regardless of if I approve or not.

Flow

Screenshot 1.png

Email Notification Repeating

Screenshot 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CMES
Regular Visitor

Solution: On the "Start and wait for an approval" step in the Title section I added "test email" which was also the phrase in the original Email with the subject line "Test email".  When the approval email arrived it had the same key words in the subject causing it to retrigger.  I removed the triggering phrase from the approval's title and this stopped the flow from retriggering. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
CMES
Regular Visitor

Solution: On the "Start and wait for an approval" step in the Title section I added "test email" which was also the phrase in the original Email with the subject line "Test email".  When the approval email arrived it had the same key words in the subject causing it to retrigger.  I removed the triggering phrase from the approval's title and this stopped the flow from retriggering. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,626)