cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to stop Person/Group fields initiating 'Apply to Each' when trying to create item to new list?

Hello everyone!

I have been banging my head against the wall to try to figure this out. I have a flow set up that I want to work as such:

When an item is created > Create an iem (on a different list) with the following fields to populate:

New List                   Data from Other List

Opportunity Notes - Opportunity Notes

Hard Deadline - Hard Deadline

Opportunity Name - Opportunity Name

Lead Writer - Lead Writer

Proposal Manager - Proposal Manager

Budget/Pricing Lead - Budget Pricing Lead

Proposal Status - Proposal Status

Original Deadline - Hard Deadline

Original LW - Lead Writer

Original PM - Proposal Manager

Original P/L - Budget/Pricing Lead

Here is the issue I am running into. All of the dynamic content goes smoothly EXCEPT for the Budget/Pricing Lead, Original LW, and Original P/L. These are Person/Group fields and an apply to each pops up when I try to add the dynamic content from the original list. This does not happen for Lead Writer, Proposal Manager, or Original LW, which are also Person/Group Fields. I also don't know why these fields state "claims" after the name, but the apply to each pops up regardless if I try to input "Proposal Manager Claims" or "Proposal Manager DisplayName".

The "original" fields are hidden fields used for notifications to update the new person assigned if the field changes.

If I put the dynamic content in and keep the apply to each, this data does not transfer over to the new list item. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

fy19 flow.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to stop Person/Group fields initiating 'Apply to Each' when trying to create item to new lis

Hi @ehow123,

I assume that Budget/Pricing Lead, Original LW and Original P/L are multiple selection enabled Person or Group fields. So whenever you add the dynamic contents from the original lists, an apply to each will be added automatically.

Currently, it is not possible to create/update a multiple selection enabled column directly, such as Multiple selection enabled Person/Group column, Lookup column, Choice column.

There is a similar request on Flow Ideas Forum, please vote and comment the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Person-or-Group-field-in-item-should-support-multiple...

Besides, here is a blog on Updating a multi-people field in SharePoint with Microsoft Flow, you could try the steps on your side to see if it will work for you:

https://blog.portiva.nl/2018/09/03/updating-a-multi-people-field-in-sharepoint-with-microsoft-flow/

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to stop Person/Group fields initiating 'Apply to Each' when trying to create item to new lis

Hello, @ehow123!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yamao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager
Power Platform Communities

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,337)