cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnsbcn
Level: Powered On

How to store the date of a status change in a sharepoint list (drop down list, manually updated by user)

Hello,

I am working on a sharepoint with flow.

One of the fields is a drop down list with different status (not started, work in progress, delayed, completed). I'd like that when the user updates this field and I'd like the information is stored somewhere (in the same list of in a different file, whatever is easier).

For example, if the user changes the status to "work in progress" on the 1st of October and then changes it to "completed" on the 15th of October, I'd like for these information to be stored somewhere so that I can do statistics on how long it takes to complete the tasks, which statuses are most used etc.

Any idea of how to do this? I don't know where to start...

thank you

Blanca

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to store the date of a status change in a sharepoint list (drop down list, manually updated by user)

Hi @bnsbcn 

That's a good idea. To keep track of changes, you can have a lot of information to work and make decisions.

SharePoint can help you do this. Try the following. 

You already have a list with the current information like "not started, work in progress," and so on. Now create a new List in SharePoint that is the "Log of changes" (I'm not good at naming stuff, so please find a name that suits you), and you'll have a link to that table.

The log will have the "Status" since the date will be created for you automatically by SharePoint. 

Something like this:

small-Screenshot_2019-10-22_at_10_59_11.jpg

Then all you need to do is, in your Flow, update the "Main List" and create a new row in the "Log List," and you have all the information that you need. If you want to check the changes, filter by the "Main List" item in the "Log List," and you'll get all the changes done. 

Does it make sense?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 251 members 5,219 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: