cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragondive

How to trigger a flow when a meeting is cancelled?

I used the trigger "When an event is added, updated or deleted (V3)". It gets triggered when a meeting is updated or cancelled, but in both cases, the ActionType is "updated". How can I identify that the update is a cancellation?

There appears to be no attribute in the event object to indicate that the meeting is cancelled. The only difference I see between an update and a cancellation is the subject is prefixed with "Canceled: " in case of cancellation. However, when setting up a flow for a multi-language user community, checking for this prefix isn't good enough.

I thought to instead use a strange workaround to make an array of "cancelled prefixes", then do "coding-by-exception", that is, keep updating this array every time we "discover" a user with a new language. However, this runs into a new problem of how to create a Condition that loops the startsWith() function over an array of strings.

Conceptually, this strange workaround would look like this:
2022-10-02_21h26_41.png

But such a function doesn't exist to my knowledge.

How can I solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dragondive ,

Here is an other ideal:

We could transform the original text to English and then do the condition.

vbofengmsft_0-1664766477442.png

vbofengmsft_1-1664766506600.png

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dragondive ,

Here is an other ideal:

We could transform the original text to English and then do the condition.

vbofengmsft_0-1664766477442.png

vbofengmsft_1-1664766506600.png

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,779)