cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muster
Frequent Visitor

How to trigger flow when a Sharepoint page is created?

Hi

I want to compile a list of new articles/pages from a Sharepoint site, where the relevant pages are "tagged" using Page Properties.

My problem is that I can't create a trigger that is working. The pages are not created in a list or in a document library, but in Site Pages.

Im using the Sharepoint - When a file is created (properties only) trigger, but Site Pages is not available to choose from the "Library name" drop down. I've tried adding "Site Pages" as a custom value and also the guid, with and without { }. No matter what I receive an error message on save saying it can't find the library.

{
"status": 404,
"message": "List not found\r\nclientRequestId: 8670c867-b5da-48a6-b93c-cde512282cc6\r\nserviceRequestId: 8670c867-b5da-48a6-b93c-cde512282cc6"
}

How can I create a trigger when a new page is published in Site Pages?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Muster
Frequent Visitor

In case someone else runs into the same thing, the problem I had was that the Sharepoint site/library was "localized" meaning there was no Library called Site Pages, it was in Swedish ('Webbplatssidor'). 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Manc_Gurl
Helper IV
Helper IV

I just tried this on one of my site.  Site pages doesn't show up when you enter the URL of your site but if you select Enter custom value from the library drop down, then type Site Pages it seems to work.

Manc_Gurl_1-1641382280469.png

Muster
Frequent Visitor

I got that far as well, but when I pressed Test and created a new page I got the error message. Would it be possible for you to test it out?

Manc_Gurl
Helper IV
Helper IV

@Muster My flow ran successfully after using the method described in my screenshot.  Are you entering Site Pages or "Site Pages" as the custom value for library name?  Without quotations is how it should be.  I didn't press Test in my flow I simply went to the site and created a new page and the flow automatically ran.

Manc_Gurl_0-1641396415102.png

Muster
Frequent Visitor

That's strange, I did exactly as you did, entering Site Pages without quotation marks.

flow1.png

Manc_Gurl
Helper IV
Helper IV

@Muster You could try removing the trigger action and adding it back again to see if that resolves the issue.  I also found this regarding using the List ID instead for the site pages library https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/404-error-list-not-found-on-Flow/td-p/527888

Muster
Frequent Visitor

In case someone else runs into the same thing, the problem I had was that the Sharepoint site/library was "localized" meaning there was no Library called Site Pages, it was in Swedish ('Webbplatssidor'). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,115)