cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

How to trigger flow when user is added or deleted in Azure AD?

Hello,

I think there is no trigger for Azure AD group updates for example, added/deleted user from Azure AD - Is there any work around to get such action to be triggered in the flow?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dave8 ,

As @ChristianAbata  said,  the function to trigger the flow when a user is added/deleted in Azure AD is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

The alternative way should be make sure to create an item in a sharepoint list when you add/delete a user in Azure AD, and then you create a flow to trigger when an item is created/deleted is sharepoint list.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

yes friend @dave8  as you said there are no AD trigger but you can do a kind of trick, and what you can do is use the email that is sended when you create a new user. 😉 then you can trigger a flow.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dave8 ,

As @ChristianAbata  said,  the function to trigger the flow when a user is added/deleted in Azure AD is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

The alternative way should be make sure to create an item in a sharepoint list when you add/delete a user in Azure AD, and then you create a flow to trigger when an item is created/deleted is sharepoint list.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @ChristianAbata, this seems like an interesting approach - what would the exact trigger be?

Robertbaker70
Frequent Visitor

It would be nice to have this trigger - when a user is added to an Azure AD group - trigger flow.

Likewise when a user is removed from an Azure AD group - trigger flow 

I can then have the flow used for access to Power Bi Reports, write to SQL tables, to automate access to things like reports, or Dynamics 365 roles etc.....

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,496)