Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GES
Frequent Visitor

How to update existing SharePoint records with information from Forms

Hi all,

Hopefully you can help me.

I am currently trying to update existing SharePoint records with data coming in from a Forms response. The struggle I seem to be having is linking the Form to the SharePoint record. 

As it currently stands, the Form has two questions - 1. List the Reference ID (a designated number given to each record as part of the work chain) 2. The information that needs to be updated in SharePoint. 

The SharePoint has the ID column (unhidden) and the Reference ID (listed above) and both seem like they should be able to link together as they are consistent. The SharePoint is new so any changes required to facilitate can be made. 

I would appreciate any assistance you could provide as I'm at my wit's end! I can answer any questions and provide screen shots as needed.

Kind regards,

GES

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@GES  please see below screenshot for how to configure the actions, if you are using Response Id from the form use that in Get Items - filter query, otherwise use whichever field from the form matches with the Reference ID column of your SharePoint list. Replace ReferenceID with your the column name which has Reference ID data

annajhaveri_0-1617284313917.png

Please make sure the data of SharePoint List Reference ID matches with the Reference ID field value you are using from the form in filter query to make this work.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@GES  so i understand that you have a Reference ID column in SharePoint list and that value you can get from form, so in order to update SharePoint List Item use Get Items with filter query to get the item based on Reference ID, that way you will get SharePoint list item ID, which you can use in Update Item action to update values in existing SharePoint list item. 

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
GES
Frequent Visitor

Hi @annajhaveri,

Thanks very much for coming back to me.

Would you be able to visual how you would do this? I've been attempting similar steps to the ones outlined above today and I've had no joy (flow worked but couldn't match the IDs). 

Kind regards,

George

@GES  please see below screenshot for how to configure the actions, if you are using Response Id from the form use that in Get Items - filter query, otherwise use whichever field from the form matches with the Reference ID column of your SharePoint list. Replace ReferenceID with your the column name which has Reference ID data

annajhaveri_0-1617284313917.png

Please make sure the data of SharePoint List Reference ID matches with the Reference ID field value you are using from the form in filter query to make this work.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

View solution in original post

GES
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much @annajhaveri 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (18,812)