cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuart_Smith
Level: Powered On

How to use Flow to update a Flow? Flow Management?

This might be getting a little meta, but can I use Flow to update a Flow?

So to provide some context, we have a requirement from the business to create an online form that customers can add their details to at various conferences. The details can then be thrown into our instance of Salesforce as a potential 'lead' and linked to the conference they attended (also recorded in Salesforce).

So far I have a flow (called "Create Salesforce lead from Form") that passes data from a Form to Salesforce, where it creates a new 'lead' and links that lead to a specific 'campaign' (using a 'campaignID' that I've typed in). However (just to be a bit fancy), I wondered if I can create a flow that:

1. on creation of saleforce campaign record of type 'conference'
  2. update "Create Salesforce lead from Form" with the latest campaignID

I spotted a connector (Flow Management) that I thought might solve all my problems, but on the limited playing around I've done, it's not looking like what I was hoping for. 

Anyone got any ideas, or am I trying to go a bit too far?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to use Flow to update a Flow? Flow Management?

Hi @Stuart_Smith ,

Would you please explain more details about what you want the flow to achieve?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Stuart_Smith
Level: Powered On

Re: How to use Flow to update a Flow? Flow Management?

Thanks for responding Alice. I'll do my best to provide more info. 

I have a flow that I've put together called 'Create Salesforce lead from Form'. It essentially creates two records in Saleforce.

1. The first contains the details of the customer that they've input into the form.
  2. The second, links the first record with a third 
  3. a 'campaign record' (where details of the conference the customer attended are stored). 

Currently during the 2nd 'create record' of the flow, I've typed in the unique identifier for the relevant campaign record ('Campaign ID'). However, ideally I'd like this particular field to be updated with the latest 'Campaign ID' when a new conference/campaign is added to Salesforce. Seeing as there is an Trigger for the Salesforce connector of 'when a record is created', I'd like to write a new flow that will use this trigger to update the 'Campaign ID' in my 'Create Salesforce lead from Form' flow.

I guess therefore I have two questions:

Is this even possible?

...and...

If it is possible, how do I do it?

If not, I might try using 'get record'/'get records' in my original flow to try and get the latest 'Campaign ID', that meets the relevant criteria instead. That would accomplish the same result (customer details will be related to the most recent conference details added to Salesforce) and might be a bit more elegant. Although it would still be useful to know if we can use flow to update flow designs. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 200 members 4,004 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: