cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthonys123
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to use PowerAutomate to assign Tasks with Sub Tasks via Teams?

I'm building a complex workflow to automate employee on boarding. Part of the flow asks the new hire's supervisor what requirements the user will need. This might be things like what M365 plan they require, if they need an account for a number of professional services, if they'll need a cell phone assigned to them, etc. So, the output of this card might look like, 

[
"M365 Standard",
"SPO View",
"Cell Phone",
"LastPass"
]

How might I take this output and assign it to the admin (me) in a form of a check list? I'm thinking it could be a Microsoft To Do task that's presented in Teams. I don't think that's possible though. So maybe an Adaptive Card? Or a Planner Task? Either way, the list needs to be dynamic in that there's no predetermined number of items; it could be 3 items or 8 items, etc. The card might look like this, 

Admin, there's a new employee that requires the following items. Check them off as they're provisioned. 
  • M365 Standard
  • SPO View
  • Cell Phone
  • LastPass 

Then, once each of the sub tasks are completed, the main task is marked as completed and sends a trigger back to PowerAutomate. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,518)