cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

How to use flow to send CRM email with attachments

Hi

I have added the action to create an email record in CRM as below. This works fine. I would like to add attachments into this email which I retrieved from oneDrive business in my actions before this step.

Can I know how do I insert attachments in this email please?

IMG-1342.jpg

Thanks

vikram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advocate II
Advocate II
9 REPLIES 9
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @ashlega 

Thanks for the blog post. 

Please see below CDS has got attachment entity but I am not sure Attachment (Attachments) what I need to set to?

I did tried attachments/(emailid) and activities(emailid) but no luck at all.

image.png

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @abm 

we need activitymimeattachment entity for email attachments, and that entity does not seem to be exposed through the CDS connector, so that's exactly why I had to use HTTP with Azure AD connector (to run Web API queries)

Thanks,

Alex

Hi @ashlega 

Thanks for your quick reply. If you enter the entity name as dynamic "activitymimeattachment" it will expose all the properties eventually it will change to Attachments. Believe it is exposed but not sure all the exact syntax it is expecting. CDS has two attachments entity and I think one is realted to activitymimeattachment. 

image.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Hi @abm 

I tried that attachment entity while working on the post, but could not get through the errors either. There is, also, "file attachment" entity exposed through the CDS connector, and, it seems, that second input box ("attachment") is supposed to have a reference there, so I tried to combine attachments and file attachments... to no avail. Does not mean there is no way - maybe I just could not find it.

Thanks,

Alex 

Hi @ashlega 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes that file attachment is not related to Dynamics. Annotation (Notes) and ActivityMIMEAttachments are related to Dynamics.

Yes looks like REST API is the workaround.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @ashlega 

Please see below when it errors it shows the entity name as activitymimeattachments. I selected from CDS entity name as Attachment. So definitely it is exposed and using the right entity. Wish there as more documentation around this.

image.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Hi Alex @ashlega 

Thanks for your reply in a short time and for the brilliant post. It worked for me and very helpful.

You're a star.

Thanks

Vik

Hi @ashlega  and @abm 

Attachment lookup of ActivityMimeAttachment entity needs to be left empty (set null with old CDS connector) to let the system create internally.

I've written a blog post about it on how to send Email with Attachments from Dynamics 365/CDS using CDS connectors only in flow.
http://linnzawwin.blogspot.com/2020/05/send-email-from-dynamics-365cds-with.html

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,313)