cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

How to use flow to update different cells in the same excel line through different forms?

HI,

Eeveryone:

How to use flow to update different cells in the same excel line through different forms?I hope to get an answer.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

You can't update individual cells, the Excel connector only allows for the manipulation of entire rows with the Update row action. This does however allow you to update column-specific items as well. 

If updating individual cells is a functionality you would like to see added to Flow, please consider submitting it to the Flow Ideas page, where it can be voted on by other users, and tracked and commented on by the Flow team.

Here's an existing idea that you can vote on

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hello @Freesunshine ,

Is this cell part of the table? And is there have multiple tables?

If you want to update individual cell as a part of table, I think you can reference to this way as below:

Annotation 2019-05-09 170303.png

E.g. I want to get the value of the Total Height.

Annotation 2019-05-13 181502.pngStep1: Get the table by using action "List rows present in a table".

Step2: Add action "Filter array" to get the item within table you want, for instance Total.

Step3: Update the row, for instance Height.

These functions are

"body('Filter_array')[0].Name"

"body('Filter_array')[0].Name"

"body('Filter_array')[0].Age"

"body('Filter_array')[0].Sex"

This is a screenshot of the flow running successfully:Annotation 2019-05-13 181349.png

Annotation 2019-05-13 181239.png

Please have a try and I hope it will help you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lin-msft  Thank you very much for your answer.
I tested the contents of a cell in the update row .When updating the key value of the row and changing it to a fixed value, I can update the contents of the row.
My question:

Doing this above, I can only update fixed lines.
I want to specify an update to a specific line via Forms,FLOW can't be found key value,will report error 404.

Hello @Freesunshine ,

If you want to win at excel dynamically specify line to update excel, in flow is impossible currently, because the excel connector is not perfect.

If you want to achieve in the form specified line to update the list of item Numbers, I suggest you use SharePoint connector, because SharePoint existing APIs can achieve the needs of what you want.Annotation 2019-05-17 151729.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (72,828)