cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CT
Frequent Visitor

How to use my converted timezone output?

Hi all,

I have built my flow where I want to be sent an email reminder to alert me the day before a contract is due from my contract register. The flow is running successfully, however the date is one day out on the report.

I have added in the convert timezone step and can see in my flow output that it is converting the date and time correctly, however the final report still shows me the wrong date. I don't have the option to choose the converted timezone from the dynamic content list in my flow. I am sure this is the missing step that I need but I cannot work out how to access the converted timezone?

CT_0-1636451527827.png

CT_1-1636451549519.png

CT_3-1636451637882.png

CT_5-1636451748873.png

This is where I need to select the Converted Timezone but only have the option of Current item?

CT_2-1636451580374.png

Any help please?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
efialttes
Super User
Super User

@CT 

You can perform the time zone conversion inside your Select action blok by means of an WDL expression.
On the Flow editor, please hover your mouse over the dynamic input you currently assigned to 'Convert time zone' action block. It should display an expression similar to

item()?['Start_x0020_Date']

Let's assume it is exactly the one from the example. Now, on your Select action block, add a new row, and on its right column add the following expression

convertTimeZone(item()?['Start_x0020_Date'],'UTC','Aus Eastern Standard Time','f')

Please note I am using converttimezone() WDL function, more on this function here
Please also note I an assuming your column 'Start date' has the following expression item()?['Start_x0020_Date'] so I am adding it inside the converttimezone() based expression. If the result of hovering the mouse over the dynamic input you currently assigned to 'Convert time zone' is different from item()?['Start_x0020_Date'] , please use it instead
Hope this helps!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
efialttes
Super User
Super User

@CT 

You can perform the time zone conversion inside your Select action blok by means of an WDL expression.
On the Flow editor, please hover your mouse over the dynamic input you currently assigned to 'Convert time zone' action block. It should display an expression similar to

item()?['Start_x0020_Date']

Let's assume it is exactly the one from the example. Now, on your Select action block, add a new row, and on its right column add the following expression

convertTimeZone(item()?['Start_x0020_Date'],'UTC','Aus Eastern Standard Time','f')

Please note I am using converttimezone() WDL function, more on this function here
Please also note I an assuming your column 'Start date' has the following expression item()?['Start_x0020_Date'] so I am adding it inside the converttimezone() based expression. If the result of hovering the mouse over the dynamic input you currently assigned to 'Convert time zone' is different from item()?['Start_x0020_Date'] , please use it instead
Hope this helps!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @CT 

Try @efialttes suggestion. My understanding is your regional settings might not be quite right. Check the SharePoint regional settings. Make sure it is set to right region.

image.png

Also check the Power Automate Regional Settings

image.png 

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
CT
Frequent Visitor

Hi abm,

I can confirm that my Regional settings are correctly setup in Sharepoint and Power Automate as English, Australia.

CT
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much - this worked like a charm!!

Hi @CT 

Glad that you found a solution. Generally if your regional settings are correct you don't need to convert it but in your case looks like there is something else going on. I have tested with different regional setting and it showed the right local times without the conversion which is the expected result.

Thanks for the update.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,787)