cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rstdn
Frequent Visitor

How to use the HTTP trigger in a SharePoint site?

Hi,

I am looking to use the HTTP trigger in a SharePoint site.

Basically, I am trying to create a generic flow that can be used by all libraries in a SharePoint site.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Can you provide some more details what you are trying to achieve using HTTP Trigger?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

When  a user uploads a file to a SharePoint document library, I want the flow to be triggered.

I do not want to use the SharePoint triggers since the document library name is required.

I want this flow to be generic and triggered using user inputted parameters like doc library name, email etc.

Ok Got it. So You can use HTTP trigger. If you can send JSON Body, then you can add those parameters to BODY else you can send it as querystring parameters and then use in the flow...

Power Automate Community

Is there a tutorial I can refer to? And, would the user be presented with textboxes to input these parameters or would it be hard coded?

No. HTTP Trigger is like a service. You need to develop a UI in case you dont have. You can use PowerAPP if you wish to.. Create a List with required columns that you need to accept from users for parameters. Then customize it using PowerApp and on Submit, Invoke Flow as a HTTP Service. You can also invoke Flow actually from Power App.

Power Automate Community

Unfortunately, your answer is too vague. I would appreciate it if someone could direct me to examples.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,089)