cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrAutomatey
Regular Visitor

How to use the "Resubmit Flow" action

How do I use the "Resubmit Flow" action?

The four inputs, to this action, are Environment, Flow name, Trigger name and Run ID. 

The Flow name and Environment are supplied by dropdown box so I don't need help with that. I worked out how to get Run ID (using Parse JSON etc) but the "Trigger name" input totally baffles me. What is a "Trigger name"? Triggers don't have a name. Flows do. And there is no dropdown box to select this input value. In the below screenshot I entered the name of the Trigger as is displayed in my flow ("When a file is modified"), It, does not work. If anyone can get this flow action to work that would be a start! 

See screenshots and error : 

Request to Azure Resource Manager failed with error: '{"error":{"code":"WorkflowTriggerNotFound","message":"The workflow 'a5b8951f-61c4-414e-9cdb-73c924611f6a' trigger 'ReceiptCommentsFormatDate' could not be found."}}'.

Entire Ressubmit flow.JPG

Ressubmit flow action.JPG 

6 REPLIES 6
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@MrAutomatey 

Can you try using "manual" in trigger name?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
ericwychan
Helper II
Helper II

I found this

ericwychan_0-1628068116122.png

which demonstrated the "Resubmit" connector is concatenating the URI

but after the i tried and also got the No HTTP resource error

My Full error message as below.

No HTTP resource was found that matches the request URI 'https://asia.api.flow.microsoft.com/providers/Microsoft.Flow/environments/Default-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/flows/d51xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/triggers/CreateFormWebhook/histories/workflows/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/runs/xxxxxx/resubmit?api-version=2016-11-01 '.

I wonder if the connector is outdated

ericwychan
Helper II
Helper II

I found this about REST API

but I really have no knowledge about these

May anyone please help and try to figure out what should I do to use the Power Automate Connector in Flow to do a resubmit?

https://ashiqf.com/2021/05/09/everything-to-know-about-power-automate-rest-api-to-manage-and-adminis...

ericwychan
Helper II
Helper II

by any change if MG @Mira_Ghaly got any hints from the resources above?

ashiqf
Advocate II
Advocate II

The flow fails because of the trigger name, the trigger name should be When_a_file_is_modified

If this works, please mark it as a solution.

Refer to this blog post for more details:

https://ashiqf.com/2021/05/09/resubmit-your-failed-power-automate-flow-runs-automatically-using-m365...

FYI: @ericwychan @MrAutomatey 

ericwychan
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks @ashiqf 
I refer to your article and found the way to find the correct trigger name of my flow.

My problem is resolved. Thanks a lot!

Since the owner of this ticket is not me, may @MrAutomatey please mark this ticket as resolved with @ashiqf 's reply as the solution.

Thanks all!

ericwychan_0-1628128233670.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,700)