cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

How to validate several emails addresses at the same time

Hi,

I need your help because something is missing and I don't know what.

Every day my team sends an email to a list of people, sometimes they forget to one or the other recipient and I need to validate.

I created the flow to detect the email sent by the team member, confirm that the email is sent with attachment and start validating all emails in "TO:". If any recipients are missing, the flow will detect which recipient it is and send an email informing the sender that email X is missing.

I have already managed to get the flow to work, but if I only send to one recipient, if I put two or more flow does not work correctly. can you help?

It is another way to do?

thx,

2019-08-07_233115.png2019-08-07_233412.png2019-08-07_233649.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Kamacete ,

I configured the relevant Flow according to your flowchart and exported it to a .zip file. Please check if it matches your requirements.

Another thing to note is that if you want to use the data in the Excel file, the data needs to be stored in the table created in advance.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Helper III
Helper III

Sorry guys... I change the condition and works.

🙂

close the topic please

Hi,

I would like to try something different, can I identify the missing email with the same condition?

for example, the condition below sends the recipients we have in the email but I the missing.

2019-08-08 10_11_55-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow .png

Thx,

Hi @Kamacete ,

Using only one Condition does not seem to be an accurate way to determine which email address is missing.

You could consider using variables to check which email address is missing.

Please refer to the configuration below.

• Use variables to store email addresses that need to be checked and use other variables to store missing email addresses.
  • Use split() function to split the email addresses contained in To.
  • If the current item is not included in the variable, then this item is appended to the variable missing.
  • Finally, judge whether the missing is empty. If it is not empty, send an email.

Expression reference:

split(triggerBody()?['To'],';')

Image reference:

83.PNG84.PNG85.PNG

The difference between this method and your previous method is that an email will contain all missing email addresses.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, Thank you for your help.

something wrong in my flow. I create a flow as you show but in the first condition he does not detect the missing email.

1.png2.png3.png2019-08-09 11_49_52-Run History _ Microsoft Flow .png

Hi @Kamacete ,

I am afraid there seem to be some problems with the methods provided before.

Please try to change the current configuration to achieve your needs.

Note that Condition 2 is configured outside of Apply to each.

Also, please ensure that the email address configured in EmailChecker is correct.

Image reference:

122.PNG123.PNG124.PNG

Please try again.

Best Regards,

Hi,

thank you again for your help.

It's work but with some problems.

🙂

if 2 emails addresses are missing, the flow sent 2 differents emails, one per missing email, and I need the two emails on the same msg.

e.g.: missing email: email1@email.com, email2@email.com, 

Hi @Kamacete ,

Odd, could you share your configuration?

The method I provide is to send only one email, regardless of the number of missing email addresses.

Please carefully observe the structure of the Flow. Condition 2 is not inside the Apply to each, and Send an email action is configured in Condition 2.

Best Regards,

🙂

problem-solve.

but, something it's not right.

Now I receive one email with the information of the missing emails, and other with the information that all emails are inserted.2019-08-20 11_57_47-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow .png2019-08-20 11_54_02-Inbox - rui.a1.silva@nokia.com - Outlook.png

Thanks for your help.

Br,

Rui

Hi @Kamacete ,

You still haven't configured Flow according to the screenshots I provided.

The Send an email action can only be configured in Condition 2, both.

Can't you view the screenshots I provided?

Regards,

Hi,

you right, I sent the wrong print. Sorry about that.

let me show you the big picture...

2019-08-21 13_48_08-Document1 - Word.png

thank you for your support,

best regards

Rui

Hi @Kamacete ,

I configured the relevant Flow according to your flowchart and exported it to a .zip file. Please check if it matches your requirements.

Another thing to note is that if you want to use the data in the Excel file, the data needs to be stored in the table created in advance.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Hi Barry,

Many thanks for your help, it fits like a glove and ready to add more actions.

🙂

but I change something because of some reason the variable has retorn a space " " and not empty value.

2019-08-26 11_53_53-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow .png

Once again, thank you very much for your help.

best regards.

Rui

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,887)