cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jaaronanderson
Level: Power Up

HowTo nest MSForms submitted field value into Outlook Connector body to send the response through Flow

GOAL:: When I make my MS Form fine, then i want a Flow Task to send to a certain email address if a form dropdown has a specific value, otherwise do nothing and just complete committing the new forms record.

ISSUE: My problem is how can I inject the form input textarea  that is the user's description of thier problem into my outlook email that Flow generates?!?!? I can Get the Response through flow advanced type but how do I nest that in the Outlook Connector body ? 

many thanks

flow_assignment_gap.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: HowTo nest MSForms submitted field value into Outlook Connector body to send the response through Flow

Hi @jaaronanderson ,

If the question type used for judgment is Drop-down, please refer to the following structure to configure Flow:

14.PNG

15.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: HowTo nest MSForms submitted field value into Outlook Connector body to send the response through Flow

@jaaronanderson 

Can you explain the purpose of your condition?  The reason I ask is that you must specify the particular "Form" to which you are responding in the trigger.  It looks like you are testing for the specific "Form" that was submitted.

The parameters for Get Response Details should come directly from the When a New Response is Submitted trigger.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Super User
Super User

Yes I was looking at this just as @ScottShearer posted. You do need to move the Get response details to immediately after When a new response is submitted. Then you'll be able to do the condition control properly and the Send an email.

Rob
Los Gallardos.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jaaronanderson ,

If the question type used for judgment is Drop-down, please refer to the following structure to configure Flow:

14.PNG

15.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jaaronanderson
Level: Power Up

thanks Scott for reply.

I did not know Id have to map the form before I had avaiable to and from values it makes sense now. just n00b growing pain... but I solved that thanks.. just a few more lil items learning the forms configurtion panel and Ill be golden.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,442)