cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shivaji
Frequent Visitor

I am trying to create a flow to send an email weekly with excel doc from Sharepoint and save it .

Hey,

I have an Excel file in sharepoint that we distribute every Friday at 12pm (same time) every week to the same group of people. Once they update the excel file it has to be saved in the sharepoint were it has been started.

I would like to create a flow that will eliminate the need to do this manually. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on where to begin and how to do it. 

Basically,

1) Tigger on particular time period.

2) Send an Email to a group of people with an excel file (from sharepoint )

3) Once they update the excel file, it has be updated in sharepoint(Excel original file)

Is there any possibility to have audit log (what time they submitted or changed the file).

Is this Possible ? or any alternate ways are there instead of Sharepoint ?

Any help is appreciated!! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ChristianAbata
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi @Shivaji  shure you can do this.

mail1.PNGmail2.PNG

the last step you said is a trigger so you need to define of you are going to use when a file is modified of if is a recurrence as my example

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shivaji ,

For the first part to send an email with attachment from sharepoint document to user, you could refer to @ChristianAbata 's steps.

And for the second part, do you want to update the file in sharepoint library when the attachment is modified by user? If yes, your requirement is not easy to achieve. you need to save the attachment to the onedrive folder in the first flow for user to update it.

So you create another flow to trigger when an file is modified in the folder, flow then search for the file in sharepoint library and update it.

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianAbata
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi @Shivaji  shure you can do this.

mail1.PNGmail2.PNG

the last step you said is a trigger so you need to define of you are going to use when a file is modified of if is a recurrence as my example

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shivaji ,

For the first part to send an email with attachment from sharepoint document to user, you could refer to @ChristianAbata 's steps.

And for the second part, do you want to update the file in sharepoint library when the attachment is modified by user? If yes, your requirement is not easy to achieve. you need to save the attachment to the onedrive folder in the first flow for user to update it.

So you create another flow to trigger when an file is modified in the folder, flow then search for the file in sharepoint library and update it.

Best regards,

Alice   

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Shivaji ,

Have your problem been solved now?

Best regards,

Alice   

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,286)