cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenDonahue
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

I can't get "Delete a row" to work

As part of debugging a larger process, I need to use the "Delete a row" block. I have reduced it to it most basic form, with a hard-coded primary key id that corresponds to a row that exists. 

BenDonahue_1-1602011374307.pngBenDonahue_2-1602011395940.png

Running the thing produces the following error:

BenDonahue_3-1602011436592.png

What very basic aspect of "Delete a row" am I missing?

(The source sheet was closed when I ran the flow.)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

@BenDonahue - Its not the action but appears to be the content in excel worksheet. Is there any filter enabled in the worksheet? OR are there any more tables in it? If yes, is there a possibility to clear\remove them?

Can you define any other simple table without formatting and try same exact thing?

Like and Mark this as answer if it helps to resolve your issue.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

@BenDonahue 

It is something which is not correct in excel. Why not upload a simple excel in SharePoint/One Drive then try to delete row.

Thanks

Hardesh

9 REPLIES 9
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@BenDonahue 

Pls use lis row present in a table action above delete row. Then check when you are paasing key value from dynamic content it is applying loop on it. Run you flow and see count of loop items. Is it matching with your excel sheet table rows?

Thanks

Hardesh

PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

@BenDonahue - Its not the action but appears to be the content in excel worksheet. Is there any filter enabled in the worksheet? OR are there any more tables in it? If yes, is there a possibility to clear\remove them?

Can you define any other simple table without formatting and try same exact thing?

Like and Mark this as answer if it helps to resolve your issue.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

@Hardesh15 ,

In the loop, even though this block fails, the rest of the loop continues. In the original process, where I had a List rows present in a table preceding the delete a row, I was copying a row, then deleting the row. All the rows were copied, but all of the delete a row blocks failed in each loop.

BenDonahue
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

@PrasadAthalye ,

There is no filter and there are no other tables on this sheet.

I'll try creating a table and deleting rows from it later today.

@BenDonahue 

Pls give complete flow screens.

Thanks

Hardesh

@Hardesh15 

In an effort to simplify the thing, I moved everything to the top, like so:

BenDonahue_0-1602075788111.png

@BenDonahue 

I reproduced your issue and i am able to delete that-

Hardesh15_0-1602076573052.png

Thanks

Hardesh

@BenDonahue 

It is something which is not correct in excel. Why not upload a simple excel in SharePoint/One Drive then try to delete row.

Thanks

Hardesh

@Hardesh15 , @PrasadAthalye ,

I am able to use Delete a row in other Flows; the Excel sheet is in Default view; all filters are off; all rows and columns are unhidden; all sort has been disabled.

This appears to be an issue with my file. MS Support first suggested that I recreate the workbook, but that would require 6-8 hours of rewiring the live app, with no time for testing before next iteration of its use so no guarantees that I got everything lined up right. Like 8-10 hours, really.

This appears to be another glitch involving Flow/Excel. Support is getting back to me later today; hopefully their solution involves fixing the files as it stands, or at least tells me what not to do in the future to maintain the stability and usability of Flow and Power Automate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,835)