cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ahmadbutt
Level: Powered On

I don't know how to ge the correct 'file content' of create a file (see screenshots)

1e.PNG

The part above works correct but I don't know how to get all the data/rows in another file in SharePoint...

2e.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ahmadbutt

Re: I don't know how to ge the correct 'file content' of create a file (see screenshots)

@abm I got it. I did a action get items of the SP list after creating the modified/new row. This helped me to get all the rows of the SP list. Thank you.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Super User
Super User

Re: I don't know how to ge the correct 'file content' of create a file (see screenshots)

That is the binary content of a file, you need to have a file, or generate one to be able to create one in SharePoint.

Super User
Super User

Hi @ahmadbutt 

You need to parse the JSON schema to get the file content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDW3ikTHu9U

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Super User
Super User

Hi @ahmadbutt 

Also Yash got a good blog about this. Here you can see the schema which you need to use in your JSON Parser.

https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-files-on-ms-forms-in-ms-power-automate

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ahmadbutt ,

Could you please explain more details about the another file that you mentioned? Is it an existing file before the flow runs?

If it is an existing file before the flow rows, you could use a get file content action to get the file content firstly.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ahmadbutt

@v-alzhan-msft , @abm 

As you can see in the screenshots; if I fill a Form than I get the (form)row in SharePoint list. After the new row or updated row I want to get all the data form the SharePoint list to a new file. This what I have tried but this only get the new/updated row of SharePoint(Forms);

1e.PNG2e.PNG

4e.PNG

New file;  instead of the updated/ new row I want all the rows of the SharePoint list. See screenshot above... ###

So I want all titel and id-test from the SharePoint list ...now it only takes the new row that is modified.

3e.PNG

Super User
Super User

Hi @ahmadbutt 

This post could help you

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/SharePoint-List-Item-to-PDF/td-p/177110

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ahmadbutt

@abm Thanks but I already know this but I need to get all rows from the SP list to the new file. NOT the new row or updated row only...

Super User
Super User

Hi @ahmadbutt 

Thanks for the reply.

Try this please

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/how-to-create-and-format-html-table-using-microsoft-flow-and-s...

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ahmadbutt

uhm..... I also tried that not the result I wanted...

Super User
Super User

Hi @ahmadbutt 

From the screenshot I can see the create file is inside the loop. Once all the rows are appended then only you need to create the file. So try to add the create file outside the loop. If not I misunderstood your logic so please explain.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ahmadbutt

@v-alzhan-msft @abm 

That did not work, that also get only the modified/new row only. I need to get all the rows of the SP list.

Super User
Super User

Hi @ahmadbutt 

Thanks for the reply. Could you please explain why the create file is straight after the append to string variable? It looks like the create file gets executed more than once from the loop.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ahmadbutt

@abm I got it. I did a action get items of the SP list after creating the modified/new row. This helped me to get all the rows of the SP list. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,958)