cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmadbutt
Helper IV
Helper IV

I don't know how to ge the correct 'file content' of create a file (see screenshots)

1e.PNG

The part above works correct but I don't know how to get all the data/rows in another file in SharePoint...

2e.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@abm I got it. I did a action get items of the SP list after creating the modified/new row. This helped me to get all the rows of the SP list. Thank you.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

That is the binary content of a file, you need to have a file, or generate one to be able to create one in SharePoint.

abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @ahmadbutt 

You need to parse the JSON schema to get the file content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDW3ikTHu9U

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @ahmadbutt 

Also Yash got a good blog about this. Here you can see the schema which you need to use in your JSON Parser.

https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-files-on-ms-forms-in-ms-power-automate

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ahmadbutt ,

Could you please explain more details about the another file that you mentioned? Is it an existing file before the flow runs?

If it is an existing file before the flow rows, you could use a get file content action to get the file content firstly.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-alzhan-msft , @abm 

As you can see in the screenshots; if I fill a Form than I get the (form)row in SharePoint list. After the new row or updated row I want to get all the data form the SharePoint list to a new file. This what I have tried but this only get the new/updated row of SharePoint(Forms);

1e.PNG2e.PNG

4e.PNG

New file;  instead of the updated/ new row I want all the rows of the SharePoint list. See screenshot above... ###

So I want all titel and id-test from the SharePoint list ...now it only takes the new row that is modified.

3e.PNG

Hi @ahmadbutt 

This post could help you

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/SharePoint-List-Item-to-PDF/td-p/177110

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

@abm Thanks but I already know this but I need to get all rows from the SP list to the new file. NOT the new row or updated row only...

Hi @ahmadbutt 

Thanks for the reply.

Try this please

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/how-to-create-and-format-html-table-using-microsoft-flow-and-s...

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

uhm..... I also tried that not the result I wanted...

Hi @ahmadbutt 

From the screenshot I can see the create file is inside the loop. Once all the rows are appended then only you need to create the file. So try to add the create file outside the loop. If not I misunderstood your logic so please explain.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

@v-alzhan-msft @abm 

That did not work, that also get only the modified/new row only. I need to get all the rows of the SP list.

Hi @ahmadbutt 

Thanks for the reply. Could you please explain why the create file is straight after the append to string variable? It looks like the create file gets executed more than once from the loop.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

@abm I got it. I did a action get items of the SP list after creating the modified/new row. This helped me to get all the rows of the SP list. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (5,027)