Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilfordm81
Helper II
Helper II

I just need to delete duplicate entries from an SQL Table 😑

Hi everyone!

If the title wasn't entirely obvious, I am certainly feeling defeated by Automate. I can't find a single relevant link regarding deleting a duplicate record from an SQL table - although plenty using Sharepoint- which I thought might've been a more common issue.

My Automated flow begins once an HTTP request has been received.

The next step is to 'Get Rows' from the SQL table, which have been entered from a previous flow (this used MS' Bing API to scrape certain news articles and place them into the table). The reason I want to delete some of the records, is because for whatever reason, I'm getting two of each from the scrape.

Then, once I have the rows, I obviously need to compare it to the original 'Get Rows' version, so I thought - initialise a custom variable, and compare the two for the following step, 'Delete row'.

But when I go to compare the two, only the custom variable exists, and the SQL table no longer comes up as an option.

Admittedly I am VERY new to Flow, but, surely it should be more simple...

Thank you in advance for reading, and for any potential advice.

W.

1 REPLY 1
teixeira
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

I remember having this problem and the way I did it was instead of using get rows, just directly using execute SQL Query. (test it first using select *)

teixeira_1-1642526295924.png

Here's more details in the solution:

How to delete duplicate rows in SQL Server? - Stack Overflow

If this post helps you with your problem, please consider marking it as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up 👍

Have a nice day 😀

Tiago

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (7,704)