cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm trying to create a flow with scheduled run - Update a SharePoint List from Excel File in SharePoint

So we have a requirement to update a SharePoint list from excel data on a weekly basis, any changes on the excel needs to be updated on the list. I'm trying to work on adding new items first and avoid duplicates. Below is the flow the i currently have but i tested it.. it's pushing items that is there and duplicates it. Thank you in advance for helping!

Flow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: I'm trying to create a flow with scheduled run - Update a SharePoint List from Excel File in SharePoint

Hi @justnoob08 ,

You could also refer to the following method to achieve your needs.

First, we need to specify a column in the table and list as a key column(not null and has unique value) so that we could avoid duplicating.

For example, I use the Title column as the key column, table and list all contain Title. You could choose a column that meets these conditions as the key column on your side.

Image reference:

118.PNG119.PNG120.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: I'm trying to create a flow with scheduled run - Update a SharePoint List from Excel File in SharePoint

hi @justnoob08  you can try this to compare if a value in excel exist in your sharepoint list then you can do decide whatever you need.

1.PNG2.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

@ChristianAbata - Thanks for this, I did a quick test of what you have provided. I noticed a problem, It did not add what was missing on the SharePoint list, since the apply to each looped on the number of rows of the SharePoint and not the Excel rows.

I'm trying to make it work now, but if you have any comments its really much appreciated!

Thanks again, and stay safe!

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@justnoob08  you are welcome.

The example that I give is just to compare the excel rows into sharepoint list, but you can do the opposite to compare the sharepoint list vs the excel row.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @justnoob08 ,

You could also refer to the following method to achieve your needs.

First, we need to specify a column in the table and list as a key column(not null and has unique value) so that we could avoid duplicating.

For example, I use the Title column as the key column, table and list all contain Title. You could choose a column that meets these conditions as the key column on your side.

Image reference:

118.PNG119.PNG120.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@v-bacao-msft  - Will give this a shot thank you, will get back to you on the results

Highlighted

This has worked for the requirement 🙂 appreciate the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,594)