Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AlanTillman
Level: Power Up

I need to find a way to go between two entities with a list

Hello,

I am trying to create a flow that will go into dynamics and based on an OpID grab any files asssociated to that OpID and move them to SharePoint. My problem is that there is an excess entity that does not allow me to access the files directly with the OpID. I have to go into an entity and get all the AttachmentIDs associated with the OpID and then go into another entity and grab each file based on the AttachmentID. In SQL this would be a simple join, as the tables are each based on the AttachmentID, but I am having trouble either filling an array with AttachmentIDs and then trying to loop through the array in the second entity or joining the two entities to pull the files. Any help is greatly appriciated. 

Thanks,

Alan Tillman

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: I need to find a way to go between two entities with a list

Hi @AlanTillman,

Could you share more details on your scenario?

I am not sure with your scenario.

Please share more clarification so that I would be able to figure out a flow.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AlanTillman
Level: Power Up

Re: I need to find a way to go between two entities with a list

No problem and thank you for looking at it. I have a field change event that triggers a flow. Within that entity I have what we call an OpID which is unique to the instance. There are files attached to that entity in entity, but unfortunately there is an intemediate entity that holds the details of the files, but not the actual body of the files that I need to grab. Within that entity I can tie together every attachmentID that has the OpID I am using, but I have to take those attachmentID's and tie them to the file bodies in another entitiy. The amount of files is variable to the OpID so it needs to be dynamic. I understand ho wI would do it if I had the OpID connected directly to the file body, but having that entity in the middle that only has a set of AttachmentID's that I need to take and go to another entity then cycle through is what I cannot figure out. Thanks again for you r help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 53 members 4,307 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: