cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I need to send e-mail alerts based on dates stored in Sharepoint lists

My apologies, I'm very new to Flow and am struggling even with the basics.

I have a PowerApps App that's using Sharepoint Lists as a Datasource. I need to send e-mail alerts if today's date = value of a Sharepoint List column called Alert Date, the Column in question is called "AlertDate" and is a Date only column.

If someone could kindly help with the code to compare the value of the above column with today's date, so I can then trigger the sending of an e-mail if the condition is true.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @UB400,

1. In your flow, add a compose card.
2. In the Compose card, you can execute workflow functions specified here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language
3. An example to get today's date in the format of 2017-05-16, I would do: "@utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd')"

For example:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @UB400,

1. In your flow, add a compose card.
2. In the Compose card, you can execute workflow functions specified here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language
3. An example to get today's date in the format of 2017-05-16, I would do: "@utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd')"

For example:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@v-monli-msftthank you for your response. i must be doing something wrong, when I test it doesn't work and when i try to send the value of @utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd') in an e-mail, instead of getting a value I get the text "@utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd')" instead.

Have a look at the image, I can't get it to work.

UTCCondition.jpg

Highlighted

You need to include the external double quotes exactly as posted by @v-monli-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,740)