cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want my flow to stay online, however the connector requires specific input or it will fail :(

Dear Flow Community,

I hope you can help. I have made a flow that recurs every 5 minutes.
It uses Get a Row (Excel Online - Buisness).

It looks for the Key Value of "Booked"

Then it sends an email with dynamic content from the spreadsheet.
It then copies the data into a seperate sheet on the excel online table.

And deletes the original row.

The problem I have is :

I want to use 3 key values to act on. I have got round this by making multiple flows for each key value.

However the get a row function if unable to find the key value will stop the flow. I would like to be able to search for the values "Booked" "Not Booked" "Cancelled" and act on each one in a similar way and continue checking for new entries continously every 5 minutes.

If the value is not found, it will just wait 5 minutes and try again.

Some screenshots of what I have so far:

Flow_Overview.pngExcel.png2018-10-08 (2).png2018-10-08 (3).png2018-10-08 (4).png

4 REPLIES 4
scotth82
Level: Powered On

Re: I want my flow to stay online, however the connector requires specific input or it will fail :(

Hi Jinef,

Have you tried adding a condition after the get row action?  If Yes then continue if No then try again in 5 minutes?

Thanks

Scott

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: I want my flow to stay online, however the connector requires specific input or it will fail :(

Hi @Anonymous,

Please take a try to create your flow as below and you need only to create the single flow instead of three flows:

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

The expression in the Condition as below:

@or(equals(items('Apply_to_each')?['Complete'], 'Cancelled'),equals(items('Apply_to_each')?['Complete'], 'Booked'),equals(items('Apply_to_each')?['Complete'], 'Not Booked'))

Best regards,

Alice

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @Anonymous!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yuazh-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi v-yuazh-msft!

Thanks for your tutorial, I have tried to implement it but it seems to start with a condition. Flow tells me I need to start with a trigger so I haven't even been able to replicate it??

Sorry! I am not very good at this.

Any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 389 members 2,959 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: