cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I want to store Gmail attachments in a specified location at any time the user wants.

Verification is currently underway to introduce Power Automate into business processes.
One of the verification is that we want to store the file attached to the email received in the Gmail inbox at any time in a folder in the specified google drive.
I found a similar template, but it was not suitable for the current workflow because the processing was triggered by receiving a new email.

The processing conditions assumed are as follows.

<Condition 1> The processing trigger is executed at an arbitrary timing by the user.
<Condition 2> The target e-mail is the received Inbox email
<Condition 3> The target condition is that the mail contains a specific character string in the specific destination and mail subject and that a file is attached.
<Condition 4> A copy of the attached file is stored in the designated folder of the google drive.
<Condition 5> As the attached file name, the sender name and the attached file name is given.

I would be grateful if you could tell me a good way to do this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: I want to store Gmail attachments in a specified location at any time the user wants.

@lowcal wrote:
<Condition 1> The processing trigger is executed at an arbitrary timing by the user.
<Condition 3> The target condition is that the mail contains a specific character string in the specific destination and mail subject and that a file is attached.
<Condition 4> A copy of the attached file is stored in the designated folder of the google drive.
<Condition 5> As the attached file name, the sender name and the attached file name is given.

You can accomplish what you are seeking. You can run Flows on a schedule, or manually trigger a Flow. I'd suggest you start with the template that you said was similar, and work from there by utilizing the a scheduled Flow or Button Flow trigger to start it.

You can review the Gmail connector documentation, and the Google Drive connector documentation for a full list of capabilities with these connectors, including triggers, actions, and parameters (definitions). Most of your logic will come from adding conditions to your Flow and utilizing expressions.

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

👨🏻‍💻 If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: I want to store Gmail attachments in a specified location at any time the user wants.

@lowcal wrote:

You can accomplish what you are seeking. You can run Flows on a schedule, or manually trigger a Flow. I'd suggest you start with the template that you said was similar, and work from there by utilizing the a scheduled Flow or Button Flow trigger to start it.

You can review the Gmail connector documentation, and the Google Drive connector documentation for a full list of capabilities with these connectors, including triggers, actions, and parameters (definitions). Most of your logic will come from adding conditions to your Flow and utilizing expressions.

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

👨🏻‍💻 If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Brad_Groux

Thank you for an answer.

Based on the tips you gave us, we will try to verify how to deal with it by ourselves a little more.

Also, when I ask you a question next time, I will post a detailed question with a captured image.

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,791)