Story time: I have 2 separate flows going on, and each kind of take care of a separate sharepoint.
I will call them Flow 1 to control SharePoint 1 and Flow 2 to control SharePoint 2.
Both Flows and SharePoints in question are Lists, and manipulating them.
Flow 1 creates an item in SharePoint 1 and an update in a specific column in SharePoint 1 triggers Flow 2 - a creates a copy if this item in SharePoint 2 with "Title" and "description".
Again Flow 2 is triggering, and essentially this SharePoint is to elaborate on the item created in SharePoint 1, so it has more information. A trigger in SharePoint 2 brings the extra information back to SharePoint 1
So in my Flow(s), I'm able to get to SharePoint 2 - meaning I can successfully make a copy of an item in sharepoint 1 to sharepoint 2. But when I want to bring the data from sharepoint 2 back to sharepoint 1, I can't connect back to the original item because the ID in sharepoints 1 and 2 seem to be different (<- I may be wrong here, but it seems to be giving me this error). Am I doing something wrong?
Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
This first picture is from flow 1. I don't think the condition is an issue so i'll start explaining the "if yes column".
1) I get the item after the right column is updated, get ID
2) I update the item (not important as it just helps me keep track of the "if yes" and "if no" conditions)
3) I create that item in SharePoint list 2 (Action called "Create item test")
Picture 2 from flow 2 (Apologies this picture might be a bit small trying to fit everything in here)
1) Since flow 1 kicks off flow 2, the trigger naturally is when an item is created or modified (and here I make sure I check list in SP2
2) Get item self explanatory
3) Then it checks if the "submit" (to bring all info back into SP1) is the one that is updated, if no just terminate the flow, but if yes go next
4) I do a get item of SP1 - using the dynamic ID form the first "Get item" thinking it would have the same ID in SP1
But as it seems in the error message, "Item Not Found"?
So I don't know how the filter query works... not sure if you're able to point me in the right direction here.
I tried your other alternative, just writing the ID from item 1 in SP1 to a hidden column in SP2, but when I try to pick the ID from an update item to SP1, I can't pick that ID it only gives me ID options from SP2, referring to the actual ID columns and I can't put in the one I added
Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021
We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!
We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!