cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrcoutinho
Frequent Visitor

IF approval SKIPPED

Hi all, 

I am creating a flow with a delegation approval, if the first approver doesn't reply in 3 days. 

However i need to check later in my flow, if the first approval step has been skipped or not to perform an action. 

Anyone know how can i create this action? IF approval has been skipped or not ? 

2 REPLIES 2
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

@jrcoutinho - One of the option is to actually assign task to both approvers main and secondary. If main approve does not response, secondary can act.

For delegation design you are on below, you can run a do until loop and change timeout settings. Then you can add a pause of 15 mins or so that action does not time out. Then in the loop towards end, check created date of approval and compare with todays date. If its > 3 days, set some variable so that when loop runs again, you can reassign the task to another approver. I know it sounds complex, but try this route.

Like and Mark this as a solution if it resolves your issue.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Hi @PrasadAthalye 

after sleep over on it, i decided to set a variable with SKIPPED value on the secondary approver. 

As i have a flow for for the delegation, where after 3 days the main approver time out (set up on the setting of the action) and the secondary approver runs after the time out, if the secondary runs i have the info SKIPPED set on the variable and then i can use it to perform another action later in the flow 

thanks anyway 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (47,284)