cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rash
Frequent Visitor

IF condition (no action in if statement)

Hi,

I am trying to make a flow for invoice approval, using Microsoft lists as database, PowerApps and Power Automate. In this flow I have couple of conditions (if and switch).

First condition is did purchase order exist for this invoice? If this invoice doesn't have purchase order, I put as next condition sector (using switch function). There is three possible choices in this case (administration sector, sales sector or production sector).

Within administration sector I have condition for cost center or which department is responsible for that invoice (I am using here switch function as well, because I have 5 different departments within administration sector. For each department we have a manager who is responsible for that cost center). So this is the first step of approval process, manager has to approve invoice. If he approve that invoice then 1st director for administration sector has to approve that invoice as well, and we have last step (3rd one in this approval process) where 2nd director has to approve invoice.

Everything is fine until last step (3rd one) where I have to put IF condition, but I don't see to add action or in this case to update item on Microsoft list.

Do you know what is the reason for that? How many if or switch statements in flow can I have? Do you have some advice how to solve it? Do you have better approach for this problem?

I am asking because if I eliminate step for sector and instead of that step I put immediately cost center everything works fine. But in that case for each cost center I have to make a flow (and we have 36 CC in our company). Since that in production sector we have 22 CC and just one manager in production has authorization to approve invoices, in this step I will have just one flow for production. But in administration I have several managers who can approve the invoice, so I have to include and CC.

Please find attachments.

I hope I was clear and thanks in advance for your help.

Power flow.PNGSwitch.PNGNo action.PNG

Rash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rash
Frequent Visitor

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for your answer.

I solved the problem with copy-paste function.

Best regards,

Rash

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rrovira
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, @Rash!

I don't think the amount of IF statements is the issue. There's a limit of 500 actions per workflow, so I believe it could be a glitch. Have you tried exporting the flow or deleting/recreating the condition to see if that fixes the issue? 

Here's a link to all limits and configurations of the workflows: Limits and configuration - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs → Also, as you can see, if you were to exceed the limit (500 actions) you could add child flows to fix this. 

Hope I could help! Let me know if that fixed the issue. 

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Rash
Frequent Visitor

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for your answer.

I solved the problem with copy-paste function.

Best regards,

Rash

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (106,714)