cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nijo
Level: Powered On

IP Address for HTTP calls

Hello,

I created a flow to integrate with a few government services(HTTP POST request), but now the government has changed the security policy. We need to provide the static IP in advance, from where we are requesting their API services.

I was able to find some list from the forums, but a bit confused. In the flow documentation, it is mentioned that for HTTP calls, the request is initiated from Azure logic apps and we need to give that IP.

Does anyone here handle this situation? which all  IPs I need to provide?

Also, Flow IP are a range of IPs like 50-100 IPs in total, this also a problem as I need to ask the GOV services to save this many IPs for each service.

Any help is really appreciated.

Nijo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: IP Address for HTTP calls

Flow is a cloud service, so providing an IP endpoint list likely isn't possible. What you could do however, is create your own custom API and host it utilziing Postman.

You could host it as a VM or web service with a dedicated IP and use Postman as an API route-through, by calling the government API to Postman and then calling your custom Postman API from Flow.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: IP Address for HTTP calls

Flow is a cloud service, so providing an IP endpoint list likely isn't possible. What you could do however, is create your own custom API and host it utilziing Postman.

You could host it as a VM or web service with a dedicated IP and use Postman as an API route-through, by calling the government API to Postman and then calling your custom Postman API from Flow.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,320)