cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Identify incoming email is an email and not calendar invite

I want to build a flow that will forward any incoming email to a particular email address (outside of my domain - this is for an ITSM tool) However, I do not want the calendar invites to be forwarded to the ITSM tool and create unwanted tickets

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @Anonymous  could do give more details about ITSM tool? becouse to send messages you just need to do somethin loke this.

senmess.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
rocamp
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As far as I understand, there is no way to do this with Flow, because when using the 'When a new email arrives' trigger it does not return any properties from a Calendar Invite that are different from a regular message that we could use to filter. However, there is a rule in Outlook that you could use to route any Calendar Invite or Update to a separate Folder so that it doesn't trigger the Flow. 

Set up a folder called Calendar Invites, and then go to Rules in Outlook. Select Create Rule and set the first condition to 'which is a meeting invitation or update' then click next. Then select that you want to move it to a specified folder and click the word specified and select the Calendar Invites folder you created. If there are exceptions then you can create them, but if not, click next and click finish.

Then you can just set the Flow up to the Inbox folder and all the non-calendar invites will trigger it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,503)