cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyndera
Frequent Visitor

Identify next date in meeting series

Hi all,

I have a Flow that updates an event (series) based on input from MS Forms. People who sign up through the Form receive a calendar invite as well as some more info about the event via Teams chat.

The one thing I have not been able to figure out:  I want the chat to indicate the next upcoming meeting date in the series.For example, the meeting series starts on May 19th and repeats every 3rd Wednesday/month. So if a person signs up on June 2nd, I want the chat to indicate that the next meeting is on June 16th. Any ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance! 

Cyn

5 REPLIES 5
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @Cyndera  what you can do is create a sharepoint list to save the date and then you can read that date to send another message.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @ChristianAbata , thanks for the suggestion. I figured I can do that (sorry, should have mentioned), but I was wondering if there's a way to not use a SP list. Thanks again!

zaphod88
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

How do you set the frequency and the first date of the event series? Do you have a data source where they are listed?

Cyndera
Frequent Visitor

I pulled the event by ID ... I thought it might be included there somewhere, but I am not seeing anything useful. Maybe the SP is the way to go.

zaphod88
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I just tried to create an event that is recurring every two weeks in my Outlook calendar. Trying to pull it by flow, it is only shown to be repeated weekly, but not for every 2 weeks. So I guess reading or calculating the date by Flow won't be successful as an important part of the frequency can't be get in JSON.

My suggestion is also to set up a Sharepoint list with event name, event frequency and number of events in this series (or end event). You do not need to add every part event of this series there if this information is given, but you can calculate the next date in Flow with it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,926)