cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Identifying Calendar Invite by Organizer Not Returning True

I'm creating a flow that looks at new calendar event invites, and based on a condition of the Organizer, moves the event from the users main calendar to an additional exchange calendar. The Organizer "contains" logic is returning false even though it should be true, which then stops the flow from moving further.

Here's the flow logic:

Image of the flow, showing the organizer conditionImage of the flow, showing the organizer condition

And yet, this calendar invite is returning false when I look at the Flow history:

Image of the email calendar invite, with the sender revealedImage of the email calendar invite, with the sender revealed

It looks to me from the docs that Organizer should be looking at both the name and the email address. In this particular case I'm using "contains" instead of "is equal to" because I"m trying to move all the events created in various Microsoft Teams created by the SDS (Student Data Sync) tool, but keep other invites in my own calendar. The one thing all these SDS teams have in common is the prepended "Section_" identifier.

Thanks for any additional assistance you can offer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Identifying Calendar Invite by Organizer Not Returning True

Hi @mrjarbenne ,

You could expand the body of the trigger to check the value of the organizer or you could use the Compose to output organizer.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@mrjarbenne 

Hi there.  So, if you look at the past runs, can you see what information is coming through as the organizer?  I'm wondering if it's looking for the GUID (unique identifier) rather than a name or email.

Take a look at the past runs and let us know what you see.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mrjarbenne ,

You could expand the body of the trigger to check the value of the organizer or you could use the Compose to output organizer.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,763)