Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nithin_Vanam
Helper II
Helper II

Identifying and Merging duplicate Contacts in Dynamics 365

Hello,

I need some suggestions about using flows to identify duplicate contact records in Dynamics 365. We have about a million contact records however a big chunk of them are duplicates that have been created over the past few years. Manually merging the duplicates is out of option so was looking to flows to be able to identify them based on some rules. For the rules to identify duplicate records they are based on 4 - 5 fields within the contact entity and existing relationships that the contact record might have like based on a marketing list. I was looking to create a flow to list contact records based on their creation date and then look for a possible duplicate based on the rules i define and then flag it. Not sure if it is the right approach. I know there are limitations to the number of records List Records action can get. So any ideas on how i can achieve this duplicate detection? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nithin_Vanam ,

Your requirement is not easy to be achieved in Microsoft currently since there is a count limit for items in the "List records" action of dynamic 365 connector as is referred below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Dynamics-365-Max-Get-Count-for-List-Recor...

The alternative way I see before in to filter the records on the Title field from A,B,C to Z, so you need to add 26 "List records" action in the flow or create 26 flows to list the records, the purpose is to use multiple "List records" action to get the all of the million records.

Then under each of the "List records" action, you could create a new Entity2( No records before the flow runs.) with same column in the Entity1, and add record from entity1 to entity2 if the record is not existed in the entity2.

The function to check if a record from entity1 is existed in entity2 is use a Filter Array action as screenshot below:

1.png

Also you need to make sure that the all of the unique records without duplicate wouldn't up to the limit of "List records" action.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nithin_Vanam ,

Your requirement is not easy to be achieved in Microsoft currently since there is a count limit for items in the "List records" action of dynamic 365 connector as is referred below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Dynamics-365-Max-Get-Count-for-List-Recor...

The alternative way I see before in to filter the records on the Title field from A,B,C to Z, so you need to add 26 "List records" action in the flow or create 26 flows to list the records, the purpose is to use multiple "List records" action to get the all of the million records.

Then under each of the "List records" action, you could create a new Entity2( No records before the flow runs.) with same column in the Entity1, and add record from entity1 to entity2 if the record is not existed in the entity2.

The function to check if a record from entity1 is existed in entity2 is use a Filter Array action as screenshot below:

1.png

Also you need to make sure that the all of the unique records without duplicate wouldn't up to the limit of "List records" action.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,564)