cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

If Statement with Dynamic and static content

I have several if statements that check to see if a response is not empty and then put the value in a cell in a table in Excel. However I would like to add some static text to the beginning of the value when true 

Here is a working version of the if Statement with no static text.

if(not(empty(body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de'])),body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de'],'')

I would like to add something like this but i cant seem to get the if statement to validate.
if(not(empty(body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de'])),'STATIC TEXT 'body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de'],'')
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: If Statement with Dynamic and static content

@jmwinters 

Hey there,  If I'm reading this correctly, I think you're missing an operator to combine your static and dynamic text.  Try this:

if(not(empty(body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de'])),concat('STATIC TEXT ', body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de']),'')

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmwinters ,

Following @edgonzales ’s suggestions, you could add Compose action and fill the response in Compose, so that we can directly determine whether the output of Compose is empty, like:

75.PNG

if(not(empty(outputs('Compose'))),concat('Text',outputs('Compose')),outputs('Compose'))

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@jmwinters 

Hey there,  If I'm reading this correctly, I think you're missing an operator to combine your static and dynamic text.  Try this:

if(not(empty(body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de'])),concat('STATIC TEXT ', body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de']),'')

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmwinters ,

Following @edgonzales ’s suggestions, you could add Compose action and fill the response in Compose, so that we can directly determine whether the output of Compose is empty, like:

75.PNG

if(not(empty(outputs('Compose'))),concat('Text',outputs('Compose')),outputs('Compose'))

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,008)