cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmwinters
Frequent Visitor

If Statement with Dynamic and static content

I have several if statements that check to see if a response is not empty and then put the value in a cell in a table in Excel. However I would like to add some static text to the beginning of the value when true 

Here is a working version of the if Statement with no static text.

if(not(empty(body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de'])),body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de'],'')

I would like to add something like this but i cant seem to get the if statement to validate.
if(not(empty(body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de'])),'STATIC TEXT 'body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de'],'')
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@jmwinters 

Hey there,  If I'm reading this correctly, I think you're missing an operator to combine your static and dynamic text.  Try this:

if(not(empty(body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de'])),concat('STATIC TEXT ', body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de']),'')

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmwinters ,

Following @edgonzales ’s suggestions, you could add Compose action and fill the response in Compose, so that we can directly determine whether the output of Compose is empty, like:

75.PNG

if(not(empty(outputs('Compose'))),concat('Text',outputs('Compose')),outputs('Compose'))

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@jmwinters 

Hey there,  If I'm reading this correctly, I think you're missing an operator to combine your static and dynamic text.  Try this:

if(not(empty(body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de'])),concat('STATIC TEXT ', body('Get_response_details')?['r66cdfa6620fa4db4b8fced24da5554de']),'')

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmwinters ,

Following @edgonzales ’s suggestions, you could add Compose action and fill the response in Compose, so that we can directly determine whether the output of Compose is empty, like:

75.PNG

if(not(empty(outputs('Compose'))),concat('Text',outputs('Compose')),outputs('Compose'))

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,438)