Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mappleleaf
Helper I
Helper I

If condition issue when used inside item field (status) of update item task

Dear Members,

I want to compare a condition when item is changed or created using power automate. There are two fields in the list:status and reviewer. 

When the user changes the status of file to approve (user can choose, pending, approve, reject) for an item in the list, I want to populate the reviewer name automatically to reviewer column of the modified item using the power automate.

I created an automate flow once an item is changed or modified and then added an updated item. Inside the review row of update item, I am trying to write an if condition to compare status of item equals 'approve' then show the last modified person name.

How to write an query for it. I tried but power automate is not letting me write the query.

Could you please suggest how to write the query or suggest any alternative solution?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

ML

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mappleleaf,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to update the reviewer based on the status updated?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?
I have made a simple test for you, please take a try as below.

vqiaqimsft_0-1629962672801.png

1). Add the "When an existing item is modified" as a trigger.

2). Write a condition to filter out the record that your status column is equal to "approve". Note that in my scenario, I have a Choice type as example, so I select Managers Value. If your status column is a Text type, please select column name (like Managers in my scenario)directly.

3). Add the Update item action within the If yes bar. I have a Person column to save the modified user name.

vqiaqimsft_1-1629963007933.png

Here is the result.

vqiaqimsft_2-1629963099532.png

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mappleleaf,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to update the reviewer based on the status updated?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?
I have made a simple test for you, please take a try as below.

vqiaqimsft_0-1629962672801.png

1). Add the "When an existing item is modified" as a trigger.

2). Write a condition to filter out the record that your status column is equal to "approve". Note that in my scenario, I have a Choice type as example, so I select Managers Value. If your status column is a Text type, please select column name (like Managers in my scenario)directly.

3). Add the Update item action within the If yes bar. I have a Person column to save the modified user name.

vqiaqimsft_1-1629963007933.png

Here is the result.

vqiaqimsft_2-1629963099532.png

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,319)