cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lrubio
Frequent Visitor

Ignore Invalid Email Input and Continue sending to Valid E

Hi,

I got an error on and email notification is not sending because one of the manually inputted email is invalid. How do I ignore invalid emails ans still send to valid ones?

lrubio_0-1595029302986.png

Thanks,

Lui Rubio

2 REPLIES 2
sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @lrubio 

You can try using the 'Scope' action which we can configure to work as a 'Try-Catch' in the code.

From your requirement, 'Send Email' action should be inside the looping. Add the 'Scope' action and drag your 'Send Email' action inside the scope. Below is one of the samples of sending 'Http request' inside the scope condition.

sudharsan1985_0-1595044370371.png

If you want to do some actions when the email failed, then add another 'Scope' action below and put action inside that scope. One important setting to configure for the catch scope is to make it to run only if the first scope failed. To do that, click '...' action and click on 'Configure run after' and select the option to choose like the below

sudharsan1985_1-1595044694565.png

Please try the above and let me know if u have any clarifications.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

hi @sudharsan1985 , Yes scope will have an action if the email sending failed. But it will still continue to fail because the email input is invalid. How can i just ignore the invalid email and continue sending and ignoring the invalid emails.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,270)