Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShadowTech
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Image in adaptive card for MS Teams not displaying

Hello,

I have created an adaptive card for a post to MS Teams. Everything works except the image does not display. All it shows is undefined where the picture should be. The image is well within the 1024x1024 and 1mb size (.png). This image is hosted in a folder in SharePoint

Also, the image displays fine on the web. I'm assuming this is an issue with credentials. So then I guess my question would be then what is the best course of action/ solution and how to perform that solution?

222.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ShadowTech  @Chris_M  you could try by uploading the same image into a public service like imgur or google, I try and in both places the public image is displayed.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @ShadowTech  the image has public access?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Chris_M
Frequent Visitor

I have exactly the same issue. My images have permissions set for everyone. 

On the Teams desktop app the images do not display.

Chris_M_0-1596464134975.png

On the teams web app everything works fine.

Annotation 2020-08-03 091753.jpg

I think I was reading something where its the way the desktop application authenticates or something. Not sure why. They both have the same access.

@ShadowTech  @Chris_M  you could try by uploading the same image into a public service like imgur or google, I try and in both places the public image is displayed.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

@ChristianAbata 

I don't think it fixes this issue. We have images that must stay in local SP library. I created bug report and hopefully it will be fixed.

Instead of using the image URL, try adding the thumbnail URL property (small, medium, large) of the

file  to your adaptive card.

hermkars_0-1603293125663.png

Thumbnails are generated outside of your tenant and the URL provides an access token, so that you can display the thumbnail in your Team desktop app.

@hermkars 

Thumbnails are generated outside of your tenant and the URL provides an access token, so that you can display the thumbnail in your Team desktop app.

yes this method works fine but the thumbnails expire very quickly, i am unable to display an image of my sharepoint on an adaptive card.
Has anyone happened to do it?
Thank you

ALP1
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You can use th website 64-image.de and past the code in the url instead

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,186)