Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kklink
Helper I
Helper I

Import data from website api and post to Teams

Good morning!

I've been building small flows for awhile, but nothing this complicated. What I'd like to do is grab data from this website api and then post updates daily to Teams. The posting daily to Teams part is fully within my wheelhouse, but the data grab isn't. I've tried looking this up, but can't seem to find exactly what I need to do. In my mind the sequence is:

1. Define the variables (I'm looking at just the new case and daily positivity rates for my state to start)

2. Parse the json (or do I need to use the csv info) - this is the step I really don't get yet

3. Format the data (I'm thinking a table)

4. Post daily to Teams. I can do this, but do I need to use something other than a regular message?

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Your steps are basically what you need. You could use the HTTP connector to query the API, using date filtering if you'd like and parsing the JSON. The following links explain most of what you need:

You can also search for "Parse JSON" here in the community, for many, many examples. For your Teams message, you can simply use the Teams connector to send a message to a channel or user. You can also utilize Adaptive Cards for further formatting and functionality if you'd like.

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Your steps are basically what you need. You could use the HTTP connector to query the API, using date filtering if you'd like and parsing the JSON. The following links explain most of what you need:

You can also search for "Parse JSON" here in the community, for many, many examples. For your Teams message, you can simply use the Teams connector to send a message to a channel or user. You can also utilize Adaptive Cards for further formatting and functionality if you'd like.

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,224)