cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Import excel file in sharepoint list

Hi,

I have some problems to make a flow. I have a SharePoint list of 12 columns.
1: I want that flow checks if a file is uploaded to OneDrive

2: If yes, i use the make table (excel) action to make a table. In the table I specified the column names like col1;col2;col3 etc.

3: when the column is made i use the get tables action to read the table

4: then I use the get list present in row action 

5: lastly I want to create a item in SharePoint if the value in the column in the excel file matches the column in SharePoint

Now I cant get the column names in dynamic content of Excel in the create item fields for sharepoint.

Does somebody know how i can fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

OK!

As the "list rows present in a table" will return many rows, you have to add an "apply to each" action, and after that, add the "create item" SharePoint item. In order to access the values in the Excel table, you could use an expression like:

items('apply_to_each')?['your_column_name']

Have a look at the following example:

excel01.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Anonymous 

Could explain in more detail your flow? Some questions:

1) Which file are you uploading to OneDrive? An Excel file? Does this file contain information?

2) Why are you creating columns in the Excel file?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @fchopo

Yes it is a Excel file that contains information

I create a table from the excel file and specified the column names to use it in de create item in SharePoint list

fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

I'm sorry, but I still don't get your point :S Could you share your flow and where you have the problem?

Regards,

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hey @Anonymous 

>>Now I cant get the column names in dynamic content of Excel in the create item fields for sharepoint.

I assume you want to get the column in names from Excel in Power Automate Correct?

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CFernandes yes that is correct

Anonymous
Not applicable

-

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anony_3-1618494960896.png

@fchopo 

1: I look if there is a file uploaded in onedrive

2: Make a table of the excel file (because the excel file does not have a table)

3: I Use get tables to get the column names that i specified in the second step

4: Lastly I use list rows present in a table

5: I want the use the values of the colums in the create item 

What I want to do: 

There is a excel file that everyday changes (not the information inside the file but another excel file that I download from a database). I have a sharepoint list to manage the information inside it.
I want to use the information in the excel file to fill in my sharepoint list if the value of a specific column matches the value in a specific column.

English is not my first language, please excuse any mistakes..

fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

OK!

As the "list rows present in a table" will return many rows, you have to add an "apply to each" action, and after that, add the "create item" SharePoint item. In order to access the values in the Excel table, you could use an expression like:

items('apply_to_each')?['your_column_name']

Have a look at the following example:

excel01.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anony_0-1618499729567.png

@fchopo I cant save the flow if i use the expression it gives me the following error:

The save flow is misleading with the InvalidTemplate code and the message Validating the template is misguided: The repeat action (s) apply_to_each reference is referenced by inputs in the Create Item_ action, is / are not defined in the template ...

fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Well, in your case, instead of using "apply_to_each" you have to write "Op ej..."

Regards,

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (60,697)