cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sherif77
Helper II
Helper II

Importing Excel file to SharePoint List with Values returned from VLOOKUP in the Excel file

Hello Fellas,

I have a list on SharePoint that is being updated on weekly basis from EXcel with 23K

I set a filter Query to check the Material in the Excel with the status Pending so it goes to the SP list map the same material for updating the SP list item.

I can see the excel which includes the upload sheet returning the data properly but while copying to SharePoint list all Vlookup results are not transferred to the SP list cells/items

Please advise Urgently, 🙂

Thank you for your usual support,

3 REPLIES 3
frodrigues
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @sherif77 ,

I hope to find you well.

Can you please clarify/provide a few things first (so I can try to find a solution closer to your flow)?

- A screenshot of your flow with the actions you're using (please don't paste any sensitive information).

- Your filter query.

- Expected result vs the results you're getting (screenshot example, no real values are necessary).

Regards. 

Community Support Team - Filipe Rodrigues

I believe I am having the same issue, and hoping for assistance.

I have an Excel spreadsheet and I often copy the data on that sheet and paste into SharePoint list (quick edit view).

However, when one of my columns contains a formula that data will not paste. I really am just trying to make an easy to use template for others as well, but I want to paste the returned vlookup value.

ChristinaN1_0-1652119061511.png

This is the Excel data and the formula is a vlookup in column H to return the full name (from a different sheet) based on an abbreviation in column A.

Formula: =IF([@[Scholarship Award Posted (abbreviation)]]="","",VLOOKUP(A2, 'Athletics Code'!$A$2:$B$14,2,FALSE))

In SharePoint, my similar column H is a drop-down list, but my copied data will not paste correctly.

ChristinaN1_2-1652119258002.png

It seems to add quotation marks before and after the vlookup value.

ChristinaN1_3-1652119411891.png

How can I work around this?

takolota
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@ChristinaN1 

In your Excel sheet, try copying all the values of the V-lookup column, then in an adjacent empty column, right click, go to the Paste options and select Paste Values. That should paste only the values without the formulas.

From there, you should be able to copy the values only column & paste your values into SharePoint or anywhere else.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Users online (2,390)