Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WO1
Helper I
Helper I

Incrementing a Sharepoint List by Value in Another SP List

All,

Is it possible to increment a row/column in Sharepoint List based on a value that is added into a different share point list? For example, I enter a row of "add 50" to one sharepoint list and it updates the total in the second list. I could also need to decrement as well if its "subtract 50". 

Does anyone have knowledge of any documentation or examples on how to do this (Specifically the increment / decrement from another table)? I can do the flow logic for Add / Remove, just not the increment  / decrement by firing the "upon new item added to list" criteria.

1 REPLY 1
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@WO1 

So you want to use add/Sub functionality while modifying list. Then use trigger ' When new list item is created or Modified'.

You can use steps from my post for this trigger because update action makes infinite loop for flow.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Looking-for-modified-data-and-then-sending-an-ema...

Thanks

Hardesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,128)