cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2DM
Frequent Visitor

Incrementing variables with concurrency control

I'm having trouble with incrementing a variable within a loop. I have a list of contacts that each has its own list of items, with each item having its own value. I'm looping through each contact and each list of items adding all the values with increment variable (the variable being at the top level) and updating the value property of the contact with this value. Since the list of contacts and items for each contact is long, I want to up the parallelism of each loop to 20 to speed up the flow. However, when I do this the variable get's messed up since it's only at the top level and not within the contact's scope. I know that Power Automate doesn't allow for local variables, but does anyone perhaps know a workaround to achieve such a thing?

1 REPLY 1
ShwethaTabib

@2DM  - if you haven't already found the solution. Here is the reference where you could use data operation functions to resolve your issue.
Blog Link 

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,901)