Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deano12
Helper I
Helper I

Individual Flow - Separation

Hi all,

We have built a flow that adds lines to an excel file template (that has formulas baked into the columns) this is so the receiver can get the output they desire. However, we've found that if 2 requests are submitted around the same time as each other (within 5 minutes), that the output file sent to the end person receives the template file containing the data from the previous flow as its not had time to remove the items before the current flow has run.

Here's what it looks like:

Deano12_0-1603439443111.png

So - MS Form data is submitted, and transferred to a master data excel file, while also taking a reference and a status into a share point list.

Deano12_1-1603439521994.png

Once approved, it then goes through and take data from the master spreadsheet and adds data to a template document which is then content copied and added to an email attachment which is sent onto Payroll. 

Deano12_2-1603439556587.png

Once we've sent the file to payroll the flow goes back into the template file and deletes the rows it added so that we can use it again for the next run.

The problem I'm having is that if another flow is triggered while a previous one is still running, the content copy from the template file captures the data from the previous flow which has not yet made it to the delete row stage. It also causes the problems with both flows row deletion sections, whereby the later or previous flow might capture the data from the other flow attempt to delete it, but one of the other has already deleted it. This causes the overall flow to fail.

What I'm hoping to find out is, can anyone think of a way to separate out each run, so that it is somewhat cocooned into its only little bubble. Data is managed individually for the template file so that it doesn't get caught up with other flows running.

Thanks

Dean

1 REPLY 1
JohnAageAnderse
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello @Deano12 

Did you find a solution to your issue or is the question still relevant?

Let us hear how we may be able to help you 🙂

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,845)