cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Infinate loop caused from existing item is modified trigger and update item action

I'm new to buliding flows and could use some help. The intent for my flow set up is to be used as an interface to document communciation, until an item on a list has been appoved. This will require several back and forth comments on one item. In my list, I have a comment column for the back and forth communciation. I'd like a way to put a time stap and username to each change that is made in this column inside the column. I know modifications can be seen under version history, however I want the comment column to also hold version history. This will allow users to see the history of the comment column from the Outlook "link to item" webpage, which they can access from the email that is triggered by modification of the list.

I am using two flows to attempt to exicuate my wants. The first is sending an email when a list item is created. That is working fine. The second flow will email users when an existing item is modifed, and symotaniously update item with modified and modified by in the comment column. The second flow is causing an infinite loop. I know this isn't the correct approach however, I have no clue how to get what I'm asking for.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Infinate loop caused from existing item is modified trigger and update item action

Hi @ AprilFlores,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

Could you please show more details about your sharepoint list?

I have made a research on my side, the issue is not supported in Microsoft Flow currently,

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Infinate loop caused from existing item is modified trigger and update item action

Hi Alice,

Thank you for responding to my question. I've solved my problem by using a an infopath form and appending changes to existing text for my column advanced option.

Regards,

April Flores

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Alice,

Thank you for responding to my question. I've solved my problem by using a an infopath form and appending changes to existing text for my column advanced option.

Regards,

April Flores

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,358)