cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Inquiry if uriComponent has character limitation

Hello Guys,

May I inquire the below reason and fix for the below message in Power Automate:

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'la_lang_3' inputs at line '1' and column '2892': 'The template language function 'uriComponent' was invoked with invalid parameters. The parameter at index '0' cannot be converted to URI component.'.

I am using Compose, with expression uriComponent(variables('INCLUDED EMAILS') where 'INCLUDED EMAILS' are bunch of emails and I want it to be in a single line, so I converted it first to uriComponent but got failed.

ELL_0-1596897706678.png

5 REPLIES 5
Microsoft
Microsoft

@ELL I reckon for this issue please create a service request with Microsoft Support team. Please provide the  Flow url and run id so that support team product team can check the telemetry from the back-end 

Frequent Visitor

@ELL - Do you still have this issue ?

Hi @ajdhingr ,

I'm having the same issue.

Frequent Visitor

I'm working on replacing characters in a tab delimited text file, and found the string length max to be somewhere between 50 and 75k before the uriComponent() function would throw this error. So now I'm looping through, and encoding the file content in 50k character chunks and then gluing them back together ;)... hopefully that works out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (47,817)