Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Insert Approvers Names and Date of Approving Inside the Word Document

Hey,

I'm building a flow that will send an email to multiple approvers with a Reject and Approve Buttons.

I've tried to find a way to include the approvers names and date inside the document in SharePoint after they click the Approve button , but I couldn't solve it.

This is what I've done so far:

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Hopefully some of you guys have gone through the same process and can help me.

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Insert Approvers Names and Date of Approving Inside the Word Document

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to record the Approval result into a word document or populate the word document template and then create the word document?

Please provide more explanation about your needs.

It is worth noting that if there are multiple Approvers, we cannot immediately record the response when each Approver clicks the Approve button. Only after the Approval process is completed can everyone's approval result be recorded.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I want to record the Approval result into a word document.

And that's fine, after the Approval process is completed can everyone's approval result be recorded. This method if it works, that would be enough.

What I'm doing right now is very complicated.

I created a file in the library in Sharepoint then I created a flow " for a selected file " it will collect responses then populate it in a similar file in the OneDrive. Lastly it will create a copy of the file in OneDrive that I populate responses inside it.

If I populate the responses to the same file in SharePoint instead of OneDrive that will be the best solution.

Thanks for reply @v-bacao-msft . Hope you can guide me through this issue.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm afraid I'm a bit confused. I don't know where the files are stored?

Could you provide more explanation? Or you can share a screenshot of the current configuration of Flow so that we can help you improve the current Flow.

As I understand it, you just use the Update file content action to add responses to the File content.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mr. @v-bacao-msft,

I updated my post so it can more clear (I hope)

Furthermore, in the beginning what I write inside the document, doesn't show by the end. because it's using the OneDrive file. I want to avoid this issue 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you have any problems now? It seems that your steps are correct.

There is no action that will create a copy in OneDrive.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-bacao-msft Yes Sir, please try the flow and you'll understand my issue. when I create a document in the SharePoint and I filled the content then I start the flow. I want to get and populate the comments inside the same file. not in the other file in the OneDrive (Which has no content)

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

So do you want to update the responses to the file you selected when triggering Flow?

If it is, then you just need to change the Created file to Update file action. Note that this is to replace the file content instead of appending the file content. Currently, Flow cannot append the file content.

Hope this makes sense.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-bacao-msft I just tried to update file instead of creating as following but it shows an error

4.PNG

Here is the error>

5.PNG

Appreciate your replies!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please use the method below to get the Identifier.

133.PNG

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right, I used ID instead of identifier, my bad. Now it's updating instead of creating but still appending the name and date to the OneDrive file which has no content.

I want to append it to the template I created in SharePoint. Which the approvers going to approve.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want to use the word document template in the SharePoint library to create a file, then you need to select SharePoint Site when configuring the Location of the Populate a Microsoft Word template action.

Your current choice is OneDrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-bacao-msft I had to choose OneDrive. Because every time I choose the library location it shows this error.

z.PNG

So, to make it work I had to choose OneDrive. But I hope to find an easier way to get this done without OneDrive.

PS: Thanks for getting back.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can't you choose SharePoint Site directly?

154.PNG

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-bacao-msft Unfortunately, this is what I have

z.PNG

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

I modified the url and I was able to find it: but there is an error. I made sure the file is closed and not busy doing other processes and still an Error

z.PNG

As you see in the picture. When I call the same a file from OneDrive it works fine,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,843)