Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramiz
Helper III
Helper III

Insert Item and Modify Item

Hi, 

I have 2 triggers When a new item is created and When an existing SharePoint list item is modified, complete a custom action both are working fine.
But the problem is I have noticed that when I create a new item in my sharepoint list both gets triggered. 

Both triggers have different functionality and both are working fine even if both gets called at the time of insertion but I dont want the modify one to trigger when I am creating a new item.  
I also checked that the insert trigger doesnt get called until I press the save button. I thought when I fill a field and go to next field the primary key that is ID gets filled and the insert trigger gets called but this is not the case as well.
Anyway to handle this?

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ramiz ,

When an existing SharePoint list item is modified is actually When an item is created or modified, so when an item is changed, Flow will also be triggered.

You can set trigger conditions to limit the triggering of Flow so that Flow will only be triggered when the item is created.

3.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ramiz ,

When an existing SharePoint list item is modified is actually When an item is created or modified, so when an item is changed, Flow will also be triggered.

You can set trigger conditions to limit the triggering of Flow so that Flow will only be triggered when the item is created.

3.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,682)