Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jeneaMD
Level: Powered On

Insert hyperlink by searching the file name in a SharePoint Library

Hello,

I'm trying to build a flow that will insert a file hyperlink from SharePoint Library into an Excel Spreadsheet.

Hyperlinks should be inserted based on the following condition:

- If "Concatenate" (column from my Excel) = File name => insert the corresponding hyperlink to other column from Excel

- If "Concatenate" (column from my Excel)  File name or "Concatenate" is not in SharePoint Library => write "Item Not Found".

My flow now looks as below:

Capture.PNG

2.PNG

Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Insert hyperlink by searching the file name in a SharePoint Library

Hi @jeneaMD,

You could refer to these steps to update these rows, the most important is you should initialize an Integer variable and set its default value to 0. If you find the file in the excel row exists, create its sharing link then insert into the row and then set the Integer variable to 1; If after a loop through all the files of the library but not find a file is exist in the excel table, update the row to not find the item. No matter whether finding the file, the Integer variable should reset to 0:

Annotation 2019-12-09 161359.png

Annotation 2019-12-09 161413.png

Annotation 2019-12-09 161434.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jeneaMD,

You could refer to these steps to update these rows, the most important is you should initialize an Integer variable and set its default value to 0. If you find the file in the excel row exists, create its sharing link then insert into the row and then set the Integer variable to 1; If after a loop through all the files of the library but not find a file is exist in the excel table, update the row to not find the item. No matter whether finding the file, the Integer variable should reset to 0:

Annotation 2019-12-09 161359.png

Annotation 2019-12-09 161413.png

Annotation 2019-12-09 161434.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jeneaMD,

Attach the run result:

Annotation 2019-12-09 162349.png

Best Regards,

jeneaMD

Hi, @v-litu-msft

Thank you for your reply!

I've done all the setups like yours, but it seems that I have an error at "Create sharing link for a file or for a folder":

https://ibb.co/7Yrt6CS 

In order to identify this error, my Flow works more than 1 hours. It is ok?

I need to mention that my Excel has 20 rows and my SharePoint Library has 7 files.

Any help would be appreciated,
Eugeniu

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jeneaMD,

The time spent too long. If your excel only has 20 Rows and 7 files, it just needs to spend about 5 minutes.

So, the issue you met is the Create Share link of the file failed, you can check this action configuration, to check you whether you have permission to share the link as view and edit type and link scope validation.

Annotation 2019-12-11 170230.png

Best Regards,

jeneaMD

Thank you @v-litu-msft, my Flow ran successfully.

Still, I have the same problem with the time spent --> 49 minutes for 20 rows and 7 files:

Capture.PNG

Could it be because my FLOW is searching through all documents, not through the ones from a specific folder?

Capture.PNG

Or because my FLOW is creating sharing links for all documents from SharePoint site, not from a specific folder?

2.PNG

I have searched how to find Library Name (or Library ID) or how to limit the search but did not found yet the answer.

I'll be very gratefully if you can help me.
Thank you!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jeneaMD,

Maybe it is caused by the update excel a row action, after update a row it should wait for several minutes.

What's your current license?

Best Regards,

jeneaMD

Hi @v-litu-msft, although I work for a multinational company, I think I don't have a payable package (license).

This could be the root cause?
Cause I have another 5 active Flows with "Update a row" action and there I don't have any problem --> it updates the row in a few seconds.

By the way, is there a possibility to limit the space where FLOW should "Get files" and "Create sharing link", by putting exactly the library I need?

Thank you!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jeneaMD,

No exactly, the Connector is associated with the server, some license of the server will influence the run time, we just rule out whether it's license or not. It seems like it is not caused by the license. As a workaround, you can create a new connection of Excel connector and try again.

No, there is no way to limit the space show up, the sharing link is a URL, a string, anyone can copy it and paste it, the limitations only have link type and link scope, whether it can be edited and who can access it.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,244)